"For you have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling; I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living." Psalm 116:8&9



Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Amanda!





Tomorrow is my little sister's birthday. I am overwhelmed with gratitude that God gave me such an amazing sister to walk through life with. She is wise beyond her years. She thinks deeply on things and everything she believes is firmly rooted in the gospel of Jesus. She sacrificially loves Jesus and the church. She has spent her entire adult life and even her teenage years not only pursuing Christ, but passionately sharing Him with others. (This includes spending a year in Kazakhstan sharing the gospel. My guess is no one reading this even knows where Kazakhstan is on a map!) She is the funniest person I know. She never fails to make me laugh. She is my best friend. She is my hero. Even though she is younger than I am, I want to be like her when I grow up. I want my daughter to be like her when she grows up. I want my son to marry a woman like her when he grows up.   

Over the last 6 months, Amanda has daily loved me and walked with me through my grief - no small feat considering the grief she was herself going through. She and her AMAZING husband Jeff come over every week (without fail - no mater what else is going on in their lives) to spend time with me and play with the kids. Amanda watches the kids so I can go to meetings or just have a break. She has been there when I need to cry and kept me laughing when I wondered if I would ever be happy again. There are no words to describe my love for her and my gratitude that God gave me such an amazing sister.  

Amanda, you have made the world a more joyful place during the last 28 years. You bring God glory in the manner with which you live your life. I am blessed to get to walk through life with you. Happy Birthday Sister! I love you! May the Lord grant you the best year yet!

No comments: