"For you have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling; I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living." Psalm 116:8&9



Thursday, November 25, 2010

Wonderful Deeds

"I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.  I will be glad and exult in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High." Psalm 9:1&2

In the weeks before Barry died, the Lord impressed the importance of this verse upon my heart. I made a list of all the things that He had done in our lives and the lives of those we loved during the last five years. It was a beautiful list - a list full of miracles and blessings. Many of the things on the list, while beautiful, came during difficult circumstances. Salvation during cancer, a healthy baby born to friends after the doctors told them there was little hope, etc.  

This Thanksgiving, I sit here making another list. A list of wonderful deeds of the Lord during the last 8 months. I won't share that list with you - it is much too long and much too personal. But I will tell you that out of tragedy, God has showered blessings upon us in abundance. While there have been many tears of pain and grief this year, there have been just as many tears of thanksgiving.  

He is good. He does good. Always. And I am thankful...


No comments: